Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Reading Journal Sentence Starters

Journal Sentence Starters

Sentence Starters for Reader Response Log Entries
1.     I wonder what this means... 
2.     I really don't understand this part... 
3.     I really like/dislike this idea because... 
4.     This character reminds me of somebody I know because... 
5.     This character reminds me of myself because... 
6.     This character is like (name of character) in (title of book) because ... 
7.     I think this setting is important because... 
8.     This scene reminds me of a similar scene in (title of book) because ...  
9.     I like/dislike this writing because... 
10.  This part is very realistic/unrealistic because...
11.  I think the relationship between ________and _______ is interesting because... 
12.  This section makes me think about, because... 
13.  I like/dislike (name of character) because... 
14.  This situation reminds me of a similar situation in my own life. It happened when... 
15.  The character I most admire is _________
16.  If I were (name of character) at this point, I would…
17.  This part of the story would have been better if… 
18.  I think the author should have included... 
19.  When I read, I notice... 
20.  A question I had when I read is...
21.  This section of the book made me feel... 
22.  This reminds me of______________ that has happened in my life. 
23.  I learned... 
24.  I predict_________________ will happen next... 
25.  I love the way…                 
26.  I can't believe…     
27.  I wonder why… 
28.  I noticed... 
29.  I think…
30.  If I were…
31.  I'm not sure... 
32.  So far, my favorite character is ... because... 
33.  I like the way the author ... 
34.  I don't know this word ___________ ; I think it means... 
35.  I felt sad when... 
36.  I wish that... 
37.  This made me think of... 
38.  I was surprised... 
39.  It seems like...
40.  I'm not sure…
41.  Some of the illustrations make me think ... 
42.  This story teaches… 
43.  I began to think of…
44.  The following word (or phrase) caught my eye because... 
45.  I have a question here about… 
46.  I am confused by...
47.  While I was reading I pictured…               
48.  This was realistic because…
49.  This was unrealistic because…
50.  I realize… 
51.    This part demonstrates the authors tone is__________.  I know this because… 
52.     I believe the theme of the book is __________because of….
53.     I believe the author's purpose is_________________. I  think this because of…  
54.     I began to think of…  
55.  This is a good example of figurative language

No comments:

Post a Comment